This is a wonderful documentary. It tells the story of 400 families who were forced from their housing project in the shadow of Capitol Hill, Washington DC, by speculative development. One group of women formed a friendship with playwright Anu Yadav, whose work permeates the film. Together with its skillful makers they weave the sorrow of loss and the wit of defiance into a beautiful, telling tale. If you are at all curious about the human background to the 'credit crunch' in the US, it's also the perfect place to start.
- Discover unique global perspectives
- Support cutting-edge independent media
- Magazine delivered to your door or inbox
- Digital archive of over 500 issues
- Fund in-depth, high quality journalism