The making of tax haven Mauritius
In this episode, Taxcast host Naomi Fowler looks at the ‘Desai Papers’, a leak that exposes a system to divert tax revenue from poor nations back to Western corporations and African oligarchs. She speaks to the journalist who broke the story, J Gopikrishnan, a whistleblower, and Rachel Etter-Phoya of the Tax Justice Network, asking if the Indian government is investigating the making of tax haven Mauritius, and what the case tells us about the global economy.
A full transcript of the episode is available here.
The Taxcast is a monthly podcast from the Tax Justice Network.
Home page photo by Mathieu Stern on Unsplash.
- Discover unique global perspectives
- Support cutting-edge independent media
- Magazine delivered to your door or inbox
- Digital archive of over 500 issues
- Fund in-depth, high quality journalism