What is your top feminist read?
1 July 2014
Simone de Beauvoir’s The Second Sex, Alice Walker’s The Colour Purple, Eve Ensler’s Vagina Monologues…? Did you read it at school, has it shaped your politics, or how you view society? We want to find out what book inspires you and 40 words on why.
We will pick 10 entries and publish them as a web-only feature of recommended reads as part of our double issue on Feminism, out now. If yours is chosen, we’ll send you a free copy. We’ll share all of the entries on social media.
This article is from
the July-August 2014 issue
of New Internationalist.
- Discover unique global perspectives
- Support cutting-edge independent media
- Magazine delivered to your door or inbox
- Digital archive of over 500 issues
- Fund in-depth, high quality journalism