HUNGER - THE FACTS
The world produces more than enough food to feed its entire population.
Yet an estimated 35,000 people die of hunger each day
in the Majority World.
The NI examines the gap between the hungry and the greedy.
Sources: 1 Bertrand Delpeuch, Seed and Surplus, CIIR/Farmers Link, London 1994. 2 The World Bank, World Development Report 1993. 3 Bread for the World Institute, Hunger 1995: Causes of Hunger, Silver Spring, 1994. 4 UNICEF, State of the World's Children 1995.
©Copyright: New Internationalist 1995
This article is from
the May 1995 issue
of New Internationalist.
- Discover unique global perspectives
- Support cutting-edge independent media
- Magazine delivered to your door or inbox
- Digital archive of over 500 issues
- Fund in-depth, high quality journalism