- SIPRI Military Expenditure Database 2011
- SIPRI Yearbook 2011.
- SIPRI: nin.tl/v1bj70
- Robert Pollin and Heidi Garret-Peltier, ‘The US Employment Effects of Military and Domestic Spending Priorities’, PERI, 2009.
- William D Hartung, ‘Military Spending: A poor job creator’, Center for International Policy,
- September 2011: nin.tl/vbLmlJ
- Mike Ludwig, ‘US Military Paid $1.1 Trillion to Contractors That Defrauded the Government’, Truthout, 20 October 2011: truth-out.org
This first appeared in our award-winning magazine - to read more, subscribe from just £7