The New Internationalist workers’ co-operative (NI) exists to report on the issues of world poverty and inequality; to focus attention on the unjust relationship between the powerful and powerless worldwide; to debate and campaign for the radical changes necessary to meet the basic needs of all; and to bring to life the people, the ideas and the action in the fight for global justice. The New Internationalist communications co-operative is based in Oxford with editorial and sales offices in Toronto, Canada; Adelaide, Australia and Christchurch, Aotearoa /New Zealand.
- NI opposes all forms of oppression. It campaigns for social and environmental justice worldwide, acting as a vehicle for unheard voices.
- NI adheres to the core co-operative values of self-help, responsibility, democracy, equality, equity and solidarity.
- NI exists to inform, educate and communicate its message and ideals in an accessible style through the New Internationalist magazine, books, internet and other media.
- NI provides a forum for fresh ideas and radical perspectives. We regularly form alliances with likeminded groups and individuals.
- NI is a financially independent company. It does not distribute profits to its members. If profits are earned they are retained and used to further the aims as set out in this statement.
- NI maintains a democratic, co-operative and non-hierarchical structure and operates an equal opportunity policy. Equality of worth, equality of opportunity and equality of voice are central tenets of co-operative membership and we aim to maintain a safe, healthy and non-discriminatory work environment.
- NI is independent of any political or religious grouping.
- NI operates ethically with all employees, outside contacts and in the environment.
- NI is committed to high quality in all areas of work.